Tuesday, April 29, 2014

It's About Other People

Another week has gone by!!! I know I say this a lot, but the time really does fly by!!! I can't believe that Kara and Holly and  Spencer finish their missions soon!!!! I think I will be 50 years old before I know it and not know what happened!!!! 

But this week has been good here in good ole Juigalpa. I have 7 and a half months here. Woot!! EVERYONE says that I will get changed on Wednesday. But we will see. Only the Lord knows what I need and what the people here need. I will let you know next week!!! But my district leader dies (finishes his mission). This has been my favorite district here, but we will see what the Lord has in store for me next or here

My companion sprained her ankle Monday playing soccer and it was pretty bad. She spent all week with a sister in our ward while I went out while I could to work with some other sisters in our ward her were willing to go with me. I have never been good at working with the members. Jus because of the bad experiences I have had and not really feeling comfortable working with them. But I learned a lesson that there are people here who are really wanting to help in the work and eager to share the gospel with their neighbors. I also saw how the investigators reacted. The family we have been teaching, were able to able to open up the couple I went with and express their fears and doubts. And as the couple shared their experiences and testimonies the spirit was very strong. It is so important to work with them!! I plan on doing it a lot more. 

We were also able to have a baptism!! I teenager of 13 years named Oscar. I was surprised at how easy it was. he already had the desire to be baptized and we just had to make sure he had a testimony and that he knew that the church was true and the basic doctrine. We learned in our district this week that you cannot force anybody to get baptized. it has to come from them. We have to remember as missionaries that it is not about us, but about the people. Like Elder Holland says they are not statistical numbers, but human beings with feelings. And they have their agency to choose whether or not they want to do the things we share with them!!! 

That really is all!! One of my favorite parts of the day still is my personal study. I LOVE the time I have to read the scriptures and let the Lord speak to me through the words of his prophets. I always learn so much. The time always goes by way too fast. I know that the Lord loves each and every one of us. He wants us to be happy. We talked in church yesterday about obedience and how the hardest commandment to obey is loving our neighbors, especially our enemies. We ave to remember that He loves them just as much as us!!! I am very grateful for this Gospel and for who it helps me to become. It helps me to change the bad things I do and to always try to be better. I was reading this week about the 2,000 stripling warriors and was amazed again by the faith they had in their Father in Heaven nd the results that that had for them. They are incredible examples to me. And they always repeated. We know it, for our mothers taught us. So thank you mom, for always helping me to have a firm testimony!!! 

I love you all so much!!! I hope you feel better, Bethany!! I will be praying for you!! Good luck moving Zack and Hailey!! And Clair, keep learning esañol!!! you can do it!! Have an INCREDIBLE week!!! I will let your know about changes next week. 

Love you tons and tons, 

The other Hna. Morey (su Nica Hermanita!!!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment