Monday, April 14, 2014

Semana Santa

Before I start, just know that everything is okay here in Nicaragua. I was sad, I didn't even feel the earthquakes. But places like Managua had much more damage, we are lucky to be so far away!! There were a lot of people scared, though. Things have calmed down. 

This week we were able to have both of our baptisms that we had planned!! A miracle happened so that Betsabeth could baptize (and I mean everything happened, her mom at the end was saying no). But in the end everything worked out. And it really was a beautiful service. Ervin was super nervous, was afraid he would drown :) But we could tell he really felt good afterwards. They were both very excited to take this step. Especially since Betsabeth has waited about a year to do it!! It was a fun day!!! And everyone was happy. 

One thing I have noticed throughout my mission is that the Lord answers my prayers and speaks to me during District Meeting. There will be something that I am struggling with, a question I have, and that is just the topic of that weeks meeting. This week I was a little shocked. It was about companionships, and the importance of doing an inventory. I really just sat there for a minute or two, shocked at how directly I had needed that. We then took some time to have an inventory and really talk to our companions. It was the first time we really sat down and talked about how we feel about our unity and companionship. It really helped because we were able to figure things out and put some goals. Things are always hard, but better when we understand each other better. 

This week I have been reading in Alma with all the wars between the Lamanites and Nephites. It is interesting how they write so much about obedience. The nephites are obedient, so they win and have God's protection, the Lamanties are only fighting to gain power and they lose. The Lord promises to always help us when we are doing what he asks of us. It won't be easy, it will require sacrifices, but the blessings are so worth it!!! We must keep working and doing what he asks no matter what. He knows so much better. I also like a quote from Pte. Uchtdorf : We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today, God sees us in terms of forever. I love it!! 

I love you all very much!!! I am so excited to know that there is another Hna Morey out there!! I know she will be great!!! Keep up the great work!!! I love hearing about your adventures!!!! Have a great Easter, we here will be celebrating all week with Semana Santa (wish us luck contacting :) Love you!! And remember that Jesus lives!! 

P.s. I just finished reading Jesus the Christ. What an incredible book about Christ's life!!! 

Love, Your Hermanita Morey!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment