Monday, April 7, 2014

"The Hermana Morey sang as she contacted and contacted and contacted...."

First of all, Conference. Did anybody else just love it? I sure did!!! I was bummed when they said they would not announce any temples until next year, but what can you do when the Lord commands something? We all want a temple here badly!! Maybe next year!! We were able to have investigators in all sessions. That was good!! So we could watch it all. I especailly felt the spirit and felt answers to my prayers sunday morning. I LOVED the talk by Pte. Uchtdorf and by Elder Bednar. I love how they can talk to millions of people, but how the spirit touches our hearts and makes a certain message special for us. I noticed how a lot of the talks were based on the principles of the gospel (faith, repentance, baptism, confermation, enduring to the end). A lot about how to walk through our trials with patience and hope. Andabout the life of Chrits and how he is our perfect example. Love conference, love our leaders. It was weird to see a few familiar faces in the choir saturday afternoon. 

I had really hoped that our family that we are teaching would come to church this weekend because I knew they would feel good and like it and receive answers. But they did not. Every session we called them and they promised they would come to the next. Hate that. Hopefully we will be able to get them excited again. If not, we will keep searching for new people!!!!! 

This week has been pretty normal, nothing too exciting. The mission here is progressing as we learn to give better commitments and to really help people understand the importance of the Gospel. I feel like I have progressed a lot and changed for the better. Of course there are a lot of things I can change and be better. But it is good to know that I have changed during my time here!! 

Wish us luck this week as we work on finding new people!!! The song The Hermana Morey sang as she contacted, and contacted, and contacted, and contacted. And walked and walked and walked. They both aply very well :) But I have faith the baptisms will go well and that we will find new people!!! 

One more thing. Mom: who will be your favorite Hermana Morey? Pretty sure that I will be!!! Can't believe Clair leaves!! What will everyone do without your jokes?! You will have to write us all. 

Know that I love you all, and I love this work. I know the Lord never leaves us to suffer alone. I know that we will all be families forever!!! I know that the Church is true and that we can find so much peace and joy and happiness by doing what the Lord asks us to do and by patiently enduring. 

Have a great week!!!! Tell me EVERYTHING!!!! I love you!!! 

Love, Chelita (white girl) a.k.a Hermana Morey 





No comments:

Post a Comment