Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter!

Hello!! Easter was SO different here in Nicaragua. Here so  many people are Catholic taht they celebrate the whole week. The kids don't have school, many don't have work. There were days when NOBODY and I mean nobody. Everyone goes to the beach or to visit their families elsewhere. But they focus a lot in the death of Christ. Which makes me so glad that we focus so much in the fact that He leaves, and all the blessings that we have because of the Atonement. I studied the Atonement and life of Christ a little more. And I love the scripture in John 3:16 that says that God loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son. And that He didn't come to condemn us, but to bring us eternal life.
This week we had the opportunity to have divisions with our Hermana leaders! I usually hate them because I feel a lot of pressure because I know they are there to see what I am doing wrong. But I really enjoyed it this time. We worked with Hermana Chuj (de Guatemala) and she is very nice and kind. helped us with some things in our area!! Then we had interviews with President on Friday. It was really short and he just asked me why I thought the Lord put me with Hna Ordoñez, told me I should contact more (oops) and that I am doing a good job.
This week we contacted a reference of a member. His name is Oscar and is 13. he is incredibly special. He has gone to church about 5 times and wanted to get baptized. The member told him he needed a little more than just assistance in the church, and that is where we came in. He has one of the greatest desires I have ever seen to get baptized and do what is right. He has questions, but confides in the answers he gets. When we shared with him the first lesson of the Restoration he started tearing up. It is an incredible opportunity we have to teach him!!
Friday or Saturday we were working. Not doing anything very special, the normal things. But I was overwhelmed with thoughts and feelings of how much I love this work! It is extremely hard, and very mundane sometimes, but there is nothing more I would rather be doing. even though so many people don't want anything to do with us, at least I can say I did my best to help them receive the blessings of the Gospel. moments like these help make all the hard and bitter ones worth it :)
After my intervies with President and now that I have come to the year mark in the mission I have been thinking a lot about the things I want to change in the next 6 motnsh. Sometimes I feel like with 6 months left how can I change the bad habits I have? But this talk by Elder Uchtdorf showed me differently (https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/01/the-best-time-to-plant-a-tree?lang=eng). Right now is the chance that I have to be the best missionary that I have ever been. To end my mission well and to change all the bad things that I do. So that is my goal right now. To do it, even if it is hard. To not give up, but to keep going strong.
I love you all very much!! I hope that you have a great birthday Mere!!! So sad to hear that Crump is retiring and that you can't take Poli Sci, Beth ;(. You are all doing incredible things. Thank you for all the support and love!!!! Have a GREAT semana!!!!!
Love, Your favorite Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment