Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Lord Provides a Way

Hello!!! I hope you are all having a great week! Sounds like school is rolling and everyone is having fun!! I love the pictures you send me. It is fun to see your faces! And thank you for all the letters you send me! I love to get them! 

This week we had the INCREDIBLE experience of hearing from another general authority. Elder Amado came to talk to us on Wednesday. It was incredibly powerful. The spirit so strong. He taught of us not being afraid to tell people that they need to repent that their salvation is at stake!! To really use the power and authority taht we have. Tell them why we are here, that we left a lot of things to come here because we KNOW it is true. I have really been working on that this week. We sat with him for about 5 hours. It was an experience to remember! I took a lot of notes, but as he told us, the real good stuff comes when we really put it into action and change the things that need to be changed! So I am working on changing and becoming the tool that the Lord needs me to be. I am grateful for these servents of the Lord and all that they teach me. 

I believe with all my heart taht God really does call prophets in these days!! how sad if he didn't!!! they are such a blessing to us. I have started telling people that our message is a message of good news! As Elder Amado said, a message that will bring them the blessings of eternity and salvation. It isn't a small matter. It is incredibly important and huge!! I just wish more people were willing to change and really join in this greatness that we have. Well, if they don't join in now, I hope that they can later. It makes me sad when they seem so happy to receive us at first, but then hide from us. But we keep pushing forward!!! Trying to find the chosen people here!!! 

This week we were able to see some success in finding some new people. Those moments when you really feel like your contacts were guided by the spirit. Just really sad that none of them came to church. But we have hope for next Sunday!! One of our invesitators told us that her mom will kick her out of the house if she keeps receiving us and if she goes to church. She is 40 but it is the house of her mom. That was a hard lesson. We can't tell her that this isn't important that she shouldn't come to chruch, but I felt like we couldn't tell her to drop her family. I shared the story of Grandma Freida and we promised blessing and showed her that the Lord provides a way to complete his commandments (1 nefi 3:7). It was a very hard lesson but I felt like the spirit was with us. She said she would come yesterday, even if it was going behind her mom's back. She ended up not coming and we can¡t go by to see her....I just hope that she can feel the power of the words and promises we made her and will choose salvation. 

This week we had the chance to work like Elders or men and haul dirt in buckets on our shoulders to fill the house of a less active. That was pretty cool even though we really hurt the next day!! But the fruits of that work did show off!! The wife (who told us she just got baptized for her husband) came to church on Sunday!! Woot! Reactivation! I just hope that the whole family can get rolling again. 

It has been starting to get really really hot here. I forgot all the heat. But we keep working regardless!!! I love Juigalpa!! I hope I don't get changed tomorow! But we will see!! Maybe you will hear from me in a different part of Nicaragua!!! 

Sorry if the email is a little jumbled, don't have time to write all of my feelings and thoughts. And it has beena CRAZY day! But just know that I know without a doubt that the Gospel is true. It makes sense andthe spirit testifies to me many times taht it is true. I am so happy for the sacrifices that my ancestors made so that I can have the blessings of eternity and my own salvation!!! If you have doubts.....all you ahve to do is ask!!! God promises over and over again that it if we have questions we just have to sincerely ask and he will help us find the answer. And I know that He answers our prayers. I know that He loves us, and I know hat He does not leave us to suffer alone. he suffered temptations and sickness, and pain. Everything that we have to go through, He already passed through it. 

So remember: This is a Gospel of Good News!!! Who wouldn't want to be part of it?! :) 

I love you all!! Good luck in everything that you have to do this week!!! You are great examples to me!!!! 

Love, Always and Forever,
                 Hermana Morey







No comments:

Post a Comment