Tuesday, January 28, 2014

We're Over Halfway!!!

I can't quite believe that another week has gone by!!! The time goes by really fast and now that I am halfway done I really want to give it my all and do my best. Not bakc down. To have the courage to talk to EVERYONE and really be more like Christ. We will see how the next few months go!! I have faith, so I know it will be alright.
This week was good!! We went to Managua on Frideay to listen to President Soares and Elder Ochoa. That was REALLY cool. Hna. Russell spoke only in spanish for her fisrt time (usually her husband translates for her) you could really feel the spirit when she spoke. And we learned a LOT from these great men. We learned about the importance of really making sure that our investigators are converted and have testimonies before their baptisms (we are just condemning them and making the work harder if they aren't). We laerned what it really means to be  disciples of Christ (really talk to EVERYONE and realize that we ahve the power and authority. So I have been working on telling myself that I really have that power, there is nothing to fear). And also what it really means to be worthy (not just obeying the big commandments, but ALL). It was really good. And then on Wednesday we will go to hear from Elder Ochoa the area president.
It was cool becuase it was both the missions combined so I got to see some people from the CCM that I haven0t seen in a long time. But it was VERY spiritual and a boost to keep going for the next 9 months!!!
Elder Cook was in El Salvador and told the missionaries there that the end really is coming fast. Said taht all of the revelations (like the age change) are really because there isn't much time left. And even though we have a lot of scary revelations as to what is going to happen in the last days this morning I read the talk from Pres. Packer from this past conference. He talks about the peace and joy and hope that we have as members of the Church of Jesus. We can really find peace in the scriptures. We really ave the Truth!! how lucky are we, and how great of a responsibilitty we have to share it with the rest!! The end is near....but we have nothing to fear. We alrady know who wins the fight.
We have had to drop a lot of people who aren't progressing. I feel a lot like the families run from us. We have much more success with the women. Jose Manuel (Luvy's son) is counting the days till his baptism! But the baptism we just had, we are told she left Juigalpa with a man....hate it when that happens. But I just hope she really chooses one day to change her life for the better and follow what we taugt her. We are being braver with puting dates on the first meeting with people and trying to be better about contacting and looking for families. Wish us luck!
I hope you know how much I love the Gospel!! It is so extremely hard, but so worth it. Like hailey says: if it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worht it! And we really did choose to come here. Chose to take on the challenge. And if it were easy, it wouldn't be as worthwhile and fun. And we get the chance to learn to be Gods ourselves!! Can't waith to see how we really did when we get to the other side!
I don't have time this week....but remind me to tell you the history of the mission here in Nicaragua next week. And tell me if you know where Uncle Chris served?
I love you all very much!!! Keep working hard and doing great things!!!! I love hearing what is going on with you all!!! Thank you for all of your prayers and help.
Love, Hna. Calocha!

Piggies!


Sariah called this her "hermana de cabello"

Iguana egg, anyone? (Apparently it tastes better than turtle egg)


The hill they occasionally "get" to walk up



No comments:

Post a Comment