Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New Places

A year ago I made a decision that totally changed my life. I sat down to watch conference, but something rather than just listen to what they had to say I felt a call so strong to serve a mission that I knew I could not wait hours to start working towards the goal. I look back on that time and think wow. I feel like a completely different person than I was 6 months ago. I know I have a LONG way to go, but I feel like I am moving in the right direction.
So I know you all want to heare where I am. My new area is Juigalpa!!! Area where the rivers are milk not water :) This area is famous famous for its cheese and milk and everything made from milk. It is VERY beautful here. One of the prettiest places to be I guess in Nicaragua. There are HUGE hills here to walk up and down. It reminds me of Holladay. Woot!!! It is October so that means that it rains every single day here. Another woot! The church is dying a little bit here (we don't have a branch president, first counselor is inactive...that is kind of how the branches go here). But I really feel like I am here for a reasong so we will so what we can do here!
My new companion is Hermana Lopez. She is from Costa Rica (never knew how bad the relationship between costa rica and nicaragua was...). This is her last transfer so I will kill her!! She is a convert and joined the church with her family 6 years ago. She is very nice and very encouragin. I think we will get along well!!!
For changes I was really nervous Tuesday. It was weird thinking that it would be my last time walking the streets and seeing the people. The people I had grown to love and worked hard with. But Wednesday I did not feel nervous at all. Just excited to start something new!! I felt peace as I left: even though I did not baptize very much, I did my best in that area. I put my heart into it with both the people and my companions. I don't feel like I could have done more. How grateful I am to have that feeling. Because how terrible it would be to look back and feel guilty!!!
The church is struggling here a little bit in Juigalpa. For instance we don't have a branch president and the first counselor is inactive....woot! And that is kind of how the branch goes. The converts pass to inactives. But I feel like I was put here for a reason to help these people and this area. So I will put my heart into it and do my best!!  The president changed a rule that we are in our areas for about 5 or 6 transfers instead of 4 which means I could be here for 9 months. Woot!  But the Lord knows what I can take, what I can do, and where I need to improve. So I will work with that and make His will my will. And I feel a love for these people that I can't explain. I don't know them, but I love them. I know that it is the Lord helping me!

This week in my studies I am in Mormon. How sad that would be to be the only person left who had the truth and really was sane. I am so grateful that I am not alone in this work. I have lots of people here in the field to help me and at home to help me as well!! You guys help build me up when I am down and give me faith and courage to keep moving forward!!! Thank you so much for that!!!
I know I am forgetting to tell a lot of things, but that is all for today!!! I love you all!!! Go back and look over conference (it was so incredibly good!!) and keep up the good work! Keep up the good fight!!!
Love you all tons and tons and tons!!! Have wonderful weeks!! Talk to you next week!
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment