Monday, August 26, 2013

Turtles

Drum roll......So I had transfers!!!! My companion left and I am training the area!!! My new companion is Hermana Perez! She is from Guatemala as well but knows a lot of english. It is nice that when I don't understand something she can explain. But we talk a lot in spanish. She is REALLY great. I know I will learn a lot from her. It is weird without the other missionaries here, but I know that this is all part of the mission!! So I will get used to it!

We are getting to know the area together. My trainer had been here for 6 months so she was a little drained of the area and we didn't go to areas that she had contacted before. But our goal together is to get to know everywhere together (which is a lot of areas). We contact and contact because we have 0 investigators. So we are tryng to find ways to make it intersting and fun (any ideas?). But we work really really hard. I have never been so tired in my life!! But I feel the Lord give me a little push of energy at the end of the day to contact one more house or person, and usually that person is positive!
           One night, my companion was not feeling good and we thought about going back to the apartment, but decided to contact just a little more. I had felt like falling asleep during our previous lesson but decided to push for more. We went to a little street and contacted a house that had a family inside. And he was positive! He accpeted the booki of mormon and our message!! So we have learned that sometimes when we feel like not going more, we should anyways. There is always someone waiting for us!!!

This week we ate turtle eggs....different!! They are apparently illegal...but we did not know that! They are boiled, and soft. you rip a little part off of the shell and suck the egg out! Not my favorite, but it was fun to try something new!!! 

I don't really have too much more to say! We just have lots to do to find new people to teach and help fiind the truth! It is hard work, but worth it! Can't believe that I almost have 5 months here in the mission! It goes by pretty fast. 

Glad you all are doing well!!! Hope that this week of new adventures goes well!! Zack with work, and everyone else with school! Beth, I did not like the scarlet letter either!! 

I love you all tons and tons!!! Keep working hard and doing your best!! Remember the love the Lord has for each one of you. Remember that he has a plan for your happiness :) 

Make good choices and choose the right!!!

Love, your Nicaraguan Missionary :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment