Monday, November 18, 2013

Some Things Never Change


Hello Hello!!!! So I know you all want to know how training has been going!! My new companion is Hermana Aquian from El Salvador!!! She is REALLY great. She is 29 (it is a little weird being in charge of someone so much older than me) and she is VERY eager to work and learn. I think we will do great things together. I at least know that I will learn a lot from her. I started off my training by losing our phone in a taxi and then the next day we got on the bus at the wrong time and ended up taking it for about an hour....yeah, some things just never change. Still the same old me. But it has turned out all right, and she has been patient with me! It is different being in charge when I have been so used to following for a long time. But I am confident the Lord will give me the strengh and wisdom that I need to rise up and be the leader that I need to be.
After a few rough days we did have a good day yesterday. A lot of the people we passed by didn't come to church, but we were able to have some investigators come to church which was good. There is a girl who is 11 who came to church and loves it and wants us to teach her whole family. A testiment that there is always something good at the end of all the hard and bad :) We ended the night with a FHE with our recent convert and a family that is really incredible here. We read Mosiah 5 about Christ and the spirit was so strong there. I live for moments like that. Then tongight we have a few FHEs with less actives to see if we can help them get excited about the church again. It is so hard to know what to do to help them, but little by little.
We are really working on finding soime new investigators. We don't have too many and really hope to work on finding some more this week (if you want to help us, that is something you can include in your prayers, please!!!). It is hard to have the joy of contacting so many people so we want to go to members and converts and ask for references. REally ask everyone. Maybe we will find the chosen that way :)
One thing that I have been working on this week is changing my way of thingking. Changing it from finding people to baptize so that I can put that down at the end of the week, but more about saving the sould of the people here. I have an opportunity to change peoples life and bring a joy and happiness into their lives that they won't be able to get any other way. My setting apart said I would see light come into the eyes of people who had such sadness in their lives. So I want to look for those people who need this light. Hopefully with this change in mindset we will be able to find the people who are ready and waiting here in Juigalpa.
And don't worry, still washing my laundrey by hand. If ever we lose power, I will know what to do :) Don't worry, I will teach you all how to do it when I get back :)
Even though there have been some rough and hard times, I still love being here. I learn a lot. While everything seems to happen in the mission, it is an incredible mission. And I feel the time slipping by. Having just completed 7 months, I can't believe I have less than a year left. I know the Lord will help me if I am obedient, humble, and aks for it.  I know he loves me and all of you!!!!!
Have a WONDERFUL week!!!!! Choose the right and hold to the rod!!!!! Don't fall into the midst of darkness :) Love you all tons and tons!!!!!
Love, Your Nicaraguan Missionary a.k.a Hna. Calocha

No comments:

Post a Comment