Tuesday, July 30, 2013

22 de Julio 2013

Hello Hello!!!
The biggest thing this week was that friday was the independence day for Nicaragua! Which meant that EVERYBODY left to Managua to party and celebrate. and I mean everybody. There was hardly anybody in the street to contact and no one out to teach. This partying lasted until Sunday. It also meant that there were a lot of drunk people and fireworks at 4 in the morning :)  But it made me really glad that the U.S. helped them, and not was an enemy for the peopel or else I would have felt pretty embaraced. But it was a pretty sad day because I lot of people think about all the people who died and the sad things that happened. But it really made me grateful for the safety we have had in the U.S. for all of my life. I hope it stays that way for a long time :)

We also had intrevistas (interviews) with the president this week! It went well. He didn't have much to say to me, more to my companion but I really felt love and the spirit when I was with him. I felt refeuled to go on. His wife got after the Latinos for not learning enough english. I think she wants them to understand how hard it is to learn a new language. My companion thinks she looks like you, mom. What do you think:) But I know I will be able to learn a lot from them!!! And they did say they were impressed by how fast I am learning spanish, so maybe I am doing better than I think :)
We get a lot of Nortes here because of San Juan del Sur . For the past few sundays there was a norte with a girl from San Juan del Sur. After talking to them we found out he is from Sandy and was baptized but stopped coming to church when his parents divorced afterwards and hasen't really looked back. But one sunday he decided to come back! He comes every sunday and has been reading a chapter everyday!! I think he wants to come back to the church! He has demonstrated it! She is catholic so has a harder time, but teach them together. She feels the spirit in church!! We just hope that they can get married soon so that we can baptize her! They are very positive.
This week I have been reading about Alma the younger and his conversion up until Ammon has that talk with the king .I have loved these chapters because they have taught me about mission work and what I can do to feel the spirit more and teach better. The prophets in the BOM are so inspiring and I LOVE reading the stories and learning more from them!! It really is a powerful book.
For some reason I have been really avoiding marking my scriptures....so this week is a goal for me to start doing it....promise. You can all hold me to it!!
And also, we are planning a huge activity for the chidren and youth in Rivas and was wondering if anyone had ideas of good games to play with these age groups?
And other advice. My companion gets incredibly bad headaches and pain in her spine...does anybody know what she can do to help it? She is really good at going forward and teachig regardless, but I wish I could help her!! Any ideas?

I love you all so much!!! Thank you for your great examples and love!!!
Love, your Nicaraguan Missionary!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment