Monday, June 16, 2014

Expect the Unexpected

So this week was changes!! We were pretty darn sure that we would stay the same, that I would kill my companion. Turns out when you get a long with your companion is when they change you :) But my companion left the area to die in Boaco....it is part of Juigalpa but has hills much much worse than Juigalpa. She and Hna. Ordoñez are the first Hermanas there in Boaco!! They say that we have SO many hermanas here in the mission.! We will talke over soon, I think! :) But guess what....I am training....again. I was sure Hna. Ordoñez would be my last, but it turns out the Lord has much more for me to learn....maybe for all the children I will have after the mission :) But my new companion is from Quetzaltinango, Guatemala and is 19. her name is Hna. Mejia. 

We are working SUPer hard here. I hope my companion is doing alright!! But we are going to find the people here and help the area progress. WE were able to bring 3 people to church yesterday! We did have to go out looking for them after sacrament meeting, but they came!! My companion is dying from the mosquito bites, I remember that. I am hoping she can get used to the mission alright and that I can help her feel loved and able to do it all!! 

This week we passed by a man who at first told us he knew nothing of the church, only to tell us he knew EVERYTHINg. All of his family are members. He would be if he could stop smoking and drinking coffe. It is interesting how close we are sometimes to Salvation. We could make it, but we let some things keep up back in the world (money, bad habits, work, etc). I have been thinking a lot this week how we have to let the things of this world go, and put our thoughts and desires in the Celestial Kingdom. Like Jesus told a rich man: it is harder for a rich man to make it into heaven than a camel through the eye of a needle. We need to be in the world, but not of it. yes, we need things of the world like medicine, clothes, house, but what really is more important to us? god or these material things. I have been trying to make sure that I let go of the material things, and put all my thoughts and desires on the things of this Gospel!! 

I really am so grateful for this gospel. It means everything to me. With the knowledge I have, I am happy and have peace and lots and lots of hope. and throught the Atonement, I CAN change and be a better person week by week! 

Thank you all for your great examples and love for me!! 

Have a WONDERFUL week!! I love you!

Love, Hermana Morey









Hermana's posteridad and their companions

Her desk!

Hermana Morey's newest companion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment